Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-04-08

Phish of the Day: PayPal, PayPal, PayPal

I've been getting PayPal phishes on a daily basis lately. They are becoming so commonplace as to be tedious. I'm only reporting this one for lack of any interesting fraud in my inbox. This parficular phish swam in from 211.21.199.5 ("bsd.cool-eagle.com.tw" points to that address, but the reverse DNS lookup is a mess) on Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:55:03 +0000. The lure on this one is "You have added a new mail to your paypal account." There was more than one link in the message: the only one I found that worked was http://societysm.com/pl/ (inspect at your own risk). It seemed to use some sort of Javascript tricks to create a pop-over, but it failed to do anything interesting on my non-Microsoft browser.

No comments: