Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-11-30

Meta: Current Interests no longer include Stock Spam

Stock spam quantities have reached unmanageably high levels this month. Consequently, I'm no longer interested in them. To give you some idea, in the last two weeks I've received stock spam covering the following stock symbols: ABZS, ADCS, AXCP, CDGT, CHMS, CYGT, GTEC, KLGE, PPTL, RMVN, SHCM, USTA, VNBL, and WWBP. If anyone wants me to forward all my stock spam to them for reporting purposes, I'd be happy to do so, but frankly this stuff is as common as muck at the moment.

Lottery scams and 419s are still being reported in their respective sub-blogs, and any job scams that come to my attention are reported here. Phishing scams I will report if they are interesting enough to warrant it, but eBay and PayPal phish attempts haven't been interesting in a long time now. I'm also not interested in fake watch spam, fake diploma spam, or any kind of pharmacy spam -- I'm sure everyone gets tons of it daily, as I do.

Anything new that comes along is almost sure to be interesting, and will be reported.

No comments: