Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2006-12-05

Meta: Too Many Nigerians

Last month I had to deal with a combined average of nine lottery or 419 scams per day. They aren't all that hard to handle, but they consume time and are really boring. It's the same old same old again and again. I gave up on reporting phish scams a long time ago (other people were reporting it anyhow), and then the stock spam got too prolific to document. Now I'm going to quit reporting each and every lottery or 419 scam I receive, giving me more time to concentrate on job scams -- and the rest of my life, which does actually exist, believe it or not. So, with apologies to those who found "The 419 Files" and "Lottery Scam Du Jour" useful, I will not be updating those blogs indefinitely.

No comments: