Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-03-24

Advance Fee Fraud: Barrister Phillip Andrews

Received from 213.154.88.101 (deepest darkest Africa) on Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:41:34 -0000, one perfectly ordinary Nigerian 419 scam. A brief extract follows.

I contacted you to assist in repartrating the money
and property left behind by my client since I have no
place to locate any of his relatives. I can easily
convince his bank in the  Europe with my legal practice that
you are the only surviving relation of my client.Otherwise
the Estate he left behind will be confiscated or declared
unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits
were lodged.

Particularly, My late client had an account with one
of the banks in  Europe valued at about US$9.3Million
 (Nine Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars)
which I witness the documentations before he left for the
states on 24 october 2002.

Remember kids, Captain Obvious says, "if a complete stranger promises you lots of money in exchange for doing something dishonest, it's a scam!"

No comments: