Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-03-11

Why?

So I've decided to try out a "blog". Why? Because I suspect that it's the right tool for this job. The "job" in this case is the job of shining a spotlight on deceptive Internet practices, with particular reference to email and web-related nasties. There is, at present, a thriving industry in separating victims from their money by means of online deception. "Phishing" emails, where a big fat liar sends you email and claims that he's your bank (or similar), are one such form of deception. As I stumble across these deceptive practices, I'll document them here. That way, the next person to encouter suspicious activity might do a search and find that the fraud has already been exposed.

Be careful out there, folks.

No comments: