Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-06-21

Advance Fee Fraud: Mr. Kasim Useni

The only thing unusual about this 419 is how sparse it is. Almost a simple "we've got a lot of money that we need help with shifting discreetly -- contact us for details". As the Internet's self-appointed Deception Spotter, I can assure you all this is nothing but bait on a hook. Don't bite, or you'll regret it. The spam came from 82.71.64.54 (82-71-64-54.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk.) on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:13:40 -0000. The contact address is at "zwallet.com", which is a free (as in pay for it by receiving advertising) email service I hadn't heard of before. Seems like they've been around for a while, though.

Dear Friend

Please accept my apology for contacting this way, which was due to the urgency of my request. I got your contact from an enquiry I placed at the Chamber of Commerce, Trade and Industry.

My partners and I are in need of a worthy business partner abroad, who can handle the investment of specified funds which have been lying fallow for sometime. If you accept to work with us, you would be our foreign partner to receive the said funds on our behalf, due to our sensitive position in OUR PLACE OF WORK, and also to hold it in some investment until we can travel to meet with you. At your request I will intimate you with the blueprint when I receive your mail.
NOTE: PLEASE FORWARD YOUR REPLY ONLY TO THIS MAIL BOX STATED HERE: kasimuseni@zwallet.com for security reasons and make sure you include your private telephone number for easy communication.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

My regards.

MR.KASIM USENI
kasimuseni@zwallet.com

No comments: