Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-07-21

Spam: Tayana

I'm really not quite sure how to categorise this one, but it's funny, so I want to share it.

Hello my hope!
I am not sure you get this message but if you got I want you to know
that I want to travel to your country to work in two weeks and I just
want to meet right man.I live in Russia and my goal is to leave this
country because it is impossible to live here for young pretty woman.
if you have not wife or girlfriend ,maybe we could try to meet?
I am  Tayana ,I am  25 years old ,please write to me directly
to my mail - lapa201@pochta.ru    See you soon!!!!

This text was followed by several lines of random words in an obvious attempt to foil spam filters. So how about it, chaps? Want a "young pretty" Russian woman easily? Bwahahahaha! Yeah, right! Spam arrived from 200.35.90.106 (in Venezuela!) on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:44:12 +0000. I'm not sure what particular kind of hook this bait is concealing, and I'm not going to contact "Tayana" to find out. I'm guessing advance fee fraud or identity theft.

No comments: