Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-08-01

Advance Fee Fraud: Philip Eze

For the record, one common or garden variety 419 sent to the blog's contact address, received from 203.200.89.200 on Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:39:14 -0000. The source address is in India, according to WHOIS, and it's the only IP address listed in the headers. There are no obvious signs as to whether this was injected from a webmail system (typical 419 modus operandi at the moment) or not, but the evidence is at least compatible with that theory.

I am Mr PHILIP EZE
secratary to the operation manager
Equity Trust  Bank,Lagos, Nigeria.

ATTN SIR 

I have urgent and very confidential business proposition for you. On 
June 6, 2000, 
a Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the Nigerian National 
Petroleum Corporation, 
Mr.Barry Kelly made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar 
months, 
valued at US$26,500,000.00, (Twenty-six Million, five hundred thousand 
Dollars) 
in my branch.

Upon maturity, my boss sent a routine notification to his forwarding 
address but got 
no reply. After a month,we sent a reminder and finally we discovered 
from his contract 
employers, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Barry 
Kelly died from 
an automobile accident. On further investigation, we found out that he 
died without 
making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. 
The bank 
therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Barry 
Kelly did not 
declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including 
his Bank Deposit 
paperwork in my Bank. No one will ever come forward to claim it. 
According to Nigerian 
Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money willrevert to the 
ownership of the 
Nigerian Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.


Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as an Foreigner to 
stand as next of 
kin to late Mr.Barry Kelly so that the fund US$26,500,000.00 will be 
released and paid 
into your account as the next of kin. I have All documents and proves 
to enable get 
this fund has been carefully worked out by me because of my position as 
the secratary 
to the operation manager .So if you are interested in this deal, 
quickly furnish me 
with your full names as it will appear in the claims doccuments to the 
bank, your full 
address, telephone and fax number. I am writing you because I as a 
public servant
(Junior staff with the bank),i cannot operate a foreign account or have 
an account 
that is more than $200,000.00 USD.

The money will be moved out for us to share in the ratio of 50% for me 
30% for you, 
10% for all expensis and 10% for orphanage After getting this fund 
accross to you, 
i intend to invest my share of this fund in your country, under your 
supervission as 
i can not take them all to my country.If you are interested, please 
reply immediately 
via my email address . 

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and 
relevant documents 
that will help you understand the transaction. Please observe utmost 
confidentiality, 
and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for 
both of us because 
I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your 
country.(Buying of properties 
like houses, hotels etc) 

Please do send me your private/mobile telephone fax number so that we 
can have a smooth 
communication.

Awaiting your urgent reply 

Thanks and regards.
PHILIP   EZE

No comments: