Current Status

This blog is not frequently updated because most case-by-case scam reports are now listed in subordinate blogs. At this point in time, most of my efforts are targeted at documenting employment scams in the Suckers Wanted blog.

2005-05-30

Info: Proof That Lottery Scams are 419s

Up until quite recently, I was categorising lottery scams in the same group as advance fee fraud. I still refer to the people behind both these scams as "419ers" -- and I've now got proof positive that the same people are behind both types of scam. Specifically, a lottery scam that's just arrived (and which I will document shortly) came from the same IP address as the earlier queenmakeni 419 spam. Coincidence? Well, a correspondent informs me that he performed a search for the address 62.81.235.112 after receiving a lottery scam spam (to be documented shortly) from that address, and found that my Ali Salaki 419 had originated at the same address.

I don't know of anyone who has expressed serious doubt that these two scams are variations on the same theme run by the same criminals. However, if there was doubt, this evidence should prove it beyond reasonable doubt, as they say in the courts.

No comments: